Welcome to GRACE KIDS - Grace Lutheran Church’s version of Sunday School!
The main focus of our program is our kids. We want our children to be a part of all aspects of church life, from participating in worship, to helping with charitable work, to having fun as a group with lessons, crafts, games and music.
Our program is set up so that all participate together. The older kids like to help with the younger ones. The added blessing is the younger children have a great time being with the older. We want the time spent in Sunday school to be meaningful along with being a lot of fun! We will have a lesson along with crafts and games and sometimes music. Kids of all ages from our 3 year olds to our confirmation students and our youth are welcome to join us.
We understand that our Grace Families have conflicting priorities – From school, to sports and to family events. So we put together a program that will take those demands into account, but still provide fun and educational opportunities at our church. Everyone is welcome at every session, but if you can only make it to one session per month or two that is OK. We want our families to know that they can as often as they are able! Our hope is that the families feel comfortable participating, even if you are only able to come sporadically!
Our program consists of (2) sessions per month on Sunday’s after the 9am service.
Below is the approximate session breakdown:
SUNDAYS 10:15am to 11:00am
10:15 AM Welcome - “Get the wiggles out”
10:25 AM Story/Lesson
10:35 AM Craft / game / play
10:55 AM Ending Prayer
Some things that are new/updated this year:
· We are going to split up the older and younger kids. With more families joining/participating we realize that to give our kids the best program, we want to provide lessons tailored more
specifically to their age group.
· We will be holding “Worship Classes”. These are classes where the kids will get to learn how to participate in various aspects of worship. We understand that sometimes it is daunting to sign up to participate in worship especially if you are unfamiliar with the process/rules/expectations. We hope these classes will fix that!
· Charitable giving is important to our congregation and faith - so we are planning quarterly giving events that the kids will have a direct say in. More information to come!
You may download the Grace Kids Year Calendar - it highlights the Sunday school sessions, monthly events and activities. Please note - we will be updating this calendar over the year as we have additional events planned and if there are any updates that are needed. We will send out new calendars when that happens. To help with communication for our families so they have an easy way to access any and all information about GRACE KIDS:
● The Blue Sheet in our weekly service bulletin
● The Grace Lutheran Website – www.grace53092.org
● Emails from the team to the parents
Below is a letter with these details you may download, as well as the Grace Kids Calendar.
Sunday School is two Sundays a month from 10:15 AM- 11:00 AM.
Free. All are welcome!